1. AT LEAST 15 YEARS OLD: Bring either one: a birth certificate, a learner's permit, a state-issued ID, or a valid passport.
2. CLASS SIZE: To start a class, minimum of 10 students, and a maximum of 28 to 30 students. Enrolled students must be present on the first day (Day One) of class, and should continue until the last day (Day Ten). Parents or guardian of under 18 years old are courteously invited to attend orientation session on Day One.
3. COURSE COMPLETION: 30 hours Classroom Instruction and 6 hours of In-car (BTW) instruction, and must finish in 18 weeks. COMAR Reference: 11.23.02.08c(8) If course is not completed in 52 weeks (1 year), student will be assessed $25.00 per month for each and every late month. School records are kept for 3 years only as required.
4. MISSED CLASSES: MVA Guidelines allow a student to miss 12 hours (only) of class to continue with the course. Otherwise he/she retakes the course. Call (301) 984-6062 to make up missed classes. Special make-up classes (non-regular): $50.00 per session for one of more students altogether.
5. BTW DRIVING: Valid learner's permit required. Finish first 30 hours of Classroom Instructions. Note: A 30 hours of "preliminary driving" is strongly encouraged to prepare student for the 6-hours BTW and evaluation. Refer to Rookie Driver Handbook issued by MVA.
6. CANCELLATION FEE: $30.00 fee applies if student fails to appear at the pick-up location; or if in-car (BTW) appoitment is cancelled in less than 24 hours notice.
7. CLASSROOM COURSE ONLY: $250.00. 10 days-30 hours.
8. EXTRA DRIVING HOURS: Automatic, $100.00-1 1/2 hours. For Road test, using Potomac Driving School vehicle - $350.00.
9. PRO-RATED REFUND POLICY: 1) Withdrawal Prior to Start - %100 of fees paid; 2) Withdrawal after Start - 15% of fees paid divided by 30 hours for each hour of classroom not completed; 3) 85% of fees paid divided by 6 hours for each hour of BTW Instruction not completed. COMAR Reference: 11-23.02.08A (14)
10. UNIT TEST/FINAL: There are 8 unit quizzes and 1 final test. A student must have a score of at least 80%. For remedial or additional instruction, the fee is $25.00.
11. ELECTRONIC CERTIFICATION: After completion of the driving course, the student may check his/her driving record at the MVA, 3 business days thereafter.
12. DISORDERLY CONDUCT: A student may not continue to participate in the classroom program when he/she consistently acts in a disruptive manner. COMAR Reference: 11.23.02.36D(3) No credit hour and/or refund is given. If student is a minor, the school official will report the incident to the parent/guardian.
13. EXPULSION: Potomac Driving Schoolr reserves the right to expel a student who deliberately vandalizes of unlawfully takes out any school properties. The student and/or parent or guardian shall be held responsible for the cost of any repair or replacement. There shall be no refund of tuition fee.