1. AT LEAST 15 YEARS OLD - Bring either one: a birth certificate, a learner's permit, a state-issued ID, or a valid passport.
2. CLASS SIZE - 10 students minimum to start a class, and a maximum of 28-30 students. Enrolled students must be present on the first day (Day One) of class, and should continue until the last day (Day Ten). Parents or guardian of under 18 years old are courteously invited to attend orientation session on Day One.
3. COURSE COMPLETION - A 30-hours classroom and 6-hours in-car (BTW) instruction must be completed in eighteen (18) weeks starting on the first day of class. With that right, each parent/supervising driver has the responsibility to take an active role in his/her student's driver education by monitoring all progress, communicating with the driving school and/or instructor, and practicing with the student driver if he/she has learner's permit. (Reference: Code of Maryland (COMAR) 11.23.02.08c-8) If course is not completed within 12 months from the first day of class, student will be assessed $25.00/month for each and every late month. We keep and maintain school records only for 3 years as required.
4. MISSED CLASSES - For make up of missed classes, call (301) 984-6062, and ask for seat availability. If student misses more than 12 hours (4 days equivalent), he/she will retake the entire course. For Sunday make-up class, the instructor's fee is $50.00 per session for one or more students altogether.
5. BTW DRIVING - Valid learner's permit required. Student must first finish the 30 hours classroom instructions. MVA requires 60 hours of supervised driving. Refer to Skills Log & Practice Guide Workbook (Rookie Driver Handbook) issued by MVA. For safety reasons, students must wear closed toed shoes during the duration of the in-car.
6. BTW INSTRUCTION & EVALUATION - A 30 hours of preliminary driving with parents/mentor is strongly encouraged to prepare the student for the 6-hours in-car "evaluation" and gets a passing score of 80% in the final in-car (BTW) instruction and evaluation. COMAR Reference: 11.23.02.36A(3)
7. CANCELLATION FEE - $30.00 fee applies if BTW appointment is cancelled in less than 24 hours notice or student fails to appear at the pick-up location.
8. EXTRA DRIVING HOURS - Automatic only. $100 - 1 1/2 hours. For road test, using Potomac Driving School vehicle - $350.00.
9. CLASSROOM COURSE ONLY - $250.00 for 10 days/30 hours classroom.
10. UNIT TEST/FINAL - There are 8 unit quizzes and 1 final test. A student must have a passing score of at least 80% on each quiz. For remedial or additional instruction, the fee is $25.00.
11. ELECTRONIC CERTIFICATION - After completion of the driving course, the student may check his/her driving record at the MVA, 3 business days thereafter.
12. REFUND POLICY - Pro-rated Refund: $200.00, if the student discontinues, any day during the first five days (Day 1 to Day 5) of classroom instructions; and $100.00, any day during the next five days (Day 6 to Day 10). You may request in writing for a prorated refund. COMAR Reference: 11.23.02.08A(14).
13. DISORDERLY CONDUCT - A student may not continue to participate in the classroom program when he/she consistently acts in a disruptive manner. COMAR Reference: 11.23.02.36D(3) No credit hour and/or refund is given. If student is a minor, the school official will report the incident to the parent/guardian.
14. EXPULSION - The school reserves the right to expel a student who deliberately vandalizes or unlawfully removes any school properties. The student and/or parent or guardian shall be held responsible for the cost of any repair or replacement. There shall be no refund on tuition fee.